- Angular vs React
- React vs Angular: Advantages
- React vs Angular: Factors for the right platform
- React vs Angular 2
There are several front end development frameworks that are available in the market, but two that have been leading the boards are React and Angular. These are the frameworks that are supported by the two biggest names of the industry as Facebook supports React, Angular is endorsed by Google.
Angular vs React
The applications that use React library are Instagram, Facebook, Airbnb, WhatsApp, Netflix, etc. whereas companies like HBO, Google, General Motors, Nike, Sony, etc. use the Angular framework.
React vs Angular: Advantages
Advantages of using React
- The codes can be reused at any point in time by the development companies at any level during the development period. This property makes the development process more comfortable and time-saving for developers.
- The reusability of the code at any point in time at any level makes the React app development process quicker as compared to others.
- React allows the developers to work with the components ensuring the parent entities do not get affected if any changes are made in the child entities. This provides stability in the code with support for further developments in the future.
Advantages of using Angular
- The Angular platform offers pre-designed material components for form controls, pop-ups, layouts, and data tables. It helps the developers to choose the appropriate design that will be the best for users in the long run.
- Angular released its latest version, i.e., Angular 7, which offers features like upgraded error handling process in scenarios where the code is not initialized.
- Angular Command Line Interface helps in quickly updating various components, it is easy to install, and the interface is friendly for a beginner as well.
There are certain factors that a developer has to keep in mind before choosing the front end development software for the application. These factors affect the development of the applications, and selecting the right platform is essential for the best performance and even better output.
React vs Angular: Factors for the right platform
- The popularity of the platform
- Speed of development and productivity
- Performance of application and user experience
- Easy to update
1. The popularity of the platform
Google Trends is a platform that gives reports on the most searched keywords on its platform, and according to their report, React has more searches than Angular. However, Angular is used more because of its ready to use features and solutions.
3. Speed of Development and Productivity
Angular has the Command Line Interface, which helps in creating applications quickly because of the ease of one-line commands and the built-in process. Helping these features is the clean coding and error elimination that is offered by TypeScript.
React, on the other hand, lacks in the development speed and productivity department as it gets affected because of the involvement of third-parties libraries. The developers have to specify the right tools as well as the right architecture, and these vary from project to project.
4. Performance of Application and User Experience
React uses Virtual DOM for building applications, which makes it easier for updating the applications without affecting the other parts of the app. Angular, on the other hand, released the latest version- Angular 7 that comes with features like Shadow API that has increased the competition between the networks.
Angular leads the testing department as the process can be carried out by using a single tool like Jasmine, Karma, or Protractor. React does not have such a facility, and the tests will have to be done using different tools for different criteria.
6. Easy to update
Angular provides updates using the CLI feature that has commands like ng_update, which helps in the updation of the app to the latest version of Angular. In React, the libraries depend on external sources to assist in the updation of the components, and developers have to process the libraries to check their compatibility with the latest version. This increases the efforts of the developer to React.
React vs Angular 2
Angular2 is the updated version of the platform AngularJS, which is developed by the Angular team at Google. Individual contributors support the platform, and the updated versions of the AngularJS platform were named Angular 2, 3, and so on. These numbered updates of the platform were renamed as Angular.
Angular2 or Angular is a new platform as compared to React, and the developer’s community tried both the platforms and concluded that React is more comfortable to use.
Both the platforms are well maintained and developed and help in making single-page applications. However, they are different when it comes to their working, and developers and programmers have their views on both the platforms. The important thing is to understand the need for the project and then decide the platform to be used.